The DPS, or Depalletizer Singulator is a system which can receive strapped pallets and automatically processes these pallets with ( wind-mill pattern ) stacked material into a continuous singulated stream / flow of board material for packaging machines on one side, and separated return materials on the other side.
In this way a lot of manual handling is eliminated such as:
- De-strapping and pallet label reading.
- Taking of covers and removing separation sheets.
Taking of packaging material and loading the feeding mechanism of the down stream packaging line such as a case erector or wrap-around cartone.
Further features the system offers are:
- Quality control of print, orientation and sticking material, by means of camera’s and thickness control to detect double or triple picks.
- Buffering of material before erecting, which allows for a pallet change without interrupting the process.
- Automated set-up in the machine, no manual adjustments.
Other advantages the DPS brings are:
- Eliminating of forklift trucks movements in the packaging hall.
- Increased efficiency of the down-stream packaging lines, upto 70% less errors or jams, due to diverting of bad quality material by the DPS.